Your Four-Step Guide to Thrifting
By: Samnie Coleman
Hello Beautiful People, I’m Samnie Judy Coleman , but you can call me Sam. I am a young Liberian, raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, now living in Gainesville, Georgia. Initially, I created my personal Instagram Blog, Thrifed Ventures as a platform for my interest and love for thrifting. However, more recently, I decided to create a platform focused on my love for thrifting and other interesting aspects of my life.
I decided to expand my brand by creating a Youtube channel to share my ideas, experiences , and growth with viewers. As a new content creator on Youtube, I want to create content that is relatable to my viewers, but most importantly, I want to create content that motivates and inspires.
One of the many topics discussed on my channel is my favorite hobby, thrifting. The reason I enjoy thrifting is because of the wonderful benefits that one can gain from bargain shopping. Some of the benefits include saving money, developing a unique wardrobe, and last but not least, donating to charitable organizations.
If you are someone who enjoys thrifting, or is new to thrifting, I have developed four tips that will help you execute your thrifting experience .
- As a Thrifter, I know first hand that thrifting can become overwhelming at times.
Remember to take a deep breath and take your time when thrifting.
Tip #2: Be Optimistic
- While thrifting, you may have a certain agenda. Keep in mind that sometimes your ideal outfit may not always be there at the moment. Be opened to experimenting with different colors , patterns and fabrics.
Tip#3: Look for Tag Specials During the Week
- During the week, most thrift stores have discounted prices on certain colored tags. For example, every week, Goodwill gives %50 off of selected colored tags. Taking advantage of those weekly discounts will definitely help you save.
- Remember to take advantage of those discounts, especially the ones that are specifically for students, military, and senior citizens.
- Last but not last, enjoy the moment and have fun.
For more thrifting inspiration check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNThygtOvvc and IG: ThriftedVentures.