12 Times President Weah Proved He was Born to Win
Today is a special day for the people of Liberia, as our celebrity president, George Manneh Oppong Weah, celebrates his birthday. Still in his 50’s he’s a young man right? Right! But don’t let the age fool you. This young man has reached countless heights in his lifetime so far; many of which most people will never be able to achieve in theirs entirely.
Although, since the start of President Weah’s leadership as the 25th president of the Republic of Liberia in 2018, his legacy has been clouded by the politics of politics. This cloud has lead many people to generally ignore the number of great wins he has achieved throughout his historic lifetime. However, on this anniversary of his birth, we are here to remind you all of 12 times President Weah proved that he was indeed born to win. Continue below to have your minds blown.
12 Times President Weah Proved He Was Born to Win
1. Drafted to the Liberian National Team, the Lonestars
2. Named African Football Player of the Year in 1989, 1994, and 1995
3. Named FIFA World Player of the Year 1995
4. Won the Ballon D’or with AC Milan in 1995
5. Named African Player of the Century in 1996
6. Named Unicef and UN Goodwill Ambassador
7. Named the “Pride of Africa” by South African President, Nelson Mandela
8. Won the 2004 Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the US ESPY’s
9. Elected as the 25th President of Liberia in 2017
10. Awarded 2 Doctorate Degrees from the University of Liberia and Cuttington University in 2018
11: Appeared in this Robert’s Noir TV Commercial
12: His Iconic Release of his hit single: Mr. Liar Man
Honorable Mention: When He Won the Buga Dance Challenge
There you have it, folks! Of course, there have been other iconic moments in President Weah’s life that we may have not mentioned. However, these have been some of our favorites, from our celebrity President. Happy Birthday, Mr. President. We wish you wisdom as you lead your people, and more wins in your life. After all, you were born to win!