Today is a special day for the people of Liberia, as our celebrity president, George Manneh Oppong Weah, celebrates his 53rd birthday. Young man right? Right! But don’t let the age fool you. This young man has reached countless heights in his lifetime; many of which most people will never be able to achieve in theirs.
Although, since the start of his leadership as the 25th president of the Republic of Liberia in 2018, Weah’s legacy has been clouded by the politics of politics, leading many people to generally ignore the numbers of great wins he has achieved throughout his historic lifetime. However, on this 53rd anniversary of his birth, we are here to remind you all of 10 times President Weah proved that he was indeed born to win. Continue below to have your minds blown.
10 Times President Weah Proved He Was Born to Win
1. Drafted to the Liberian National Team, the Lonestars
2. Named African Football Player of the Year in 1989, 1994, and 1995
3. Named FIFA World Player of the Year 1995
4. Won the Ballon D’or with AC Milan in 1995
5. Named African Player of the Century in 1996
6. Named Unicef and UN Goodwill Ambassador
7. Named the “Pride of Africa” by South African President, Nelson Mandela
8. Won the 2004 Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the US ESPY’s
9. Elected as the 25th President of Liberia in 2017
10. Awarded 2 Doctorate Degrees from the University of Liberia and Cuttington University in 2018
Honorable Mention: Appeared in this Robert’s Noir TV Commercial
There you have it folks, and can you imagine these aren’t all of his Excellency’s achievements? WOW! Happy Birthday, Mr. President. We wish you wisdom as you lead your people, and more wins in your life. After all, you were born to win!